A Rare Case of Benign Type RIIIA Single Coronary Artery Anomaly
Single Coronary Artery (SCA) is a rare anomaly with variable presentation, ranging from mild non-specific symptoms up to sudden cardiac death. A 60-year-old hypertensive female presented with acute coronary syndrome. Selective coronary angiography revealed Lipton’s type RIIIA single coronary artery arising from Right sinus. Patient underwent CABGs and intraoperatively angiographic findings were confirmed. Despite having Type RIII, the LAD and LCX ran benign course, which is unusual.
How to cite this article:
Deshpande M, Shetkar V, Upadhyay K, Chauhan R. A Rare Case of Benign Type RIIIA Single Coronary Artery Anomaly. J Adv Res Med 2020; 7(1): 14-16.
2. Lingaraju S, Maurya R, Sanghvi S. A study of incidence and pattern of coronary artery anomalies in Western Rajasthan, India. Int J Res Med Sci. 2016;
3. Diwan Y, Diwan D, Chauhan RS, Negi PC. Coronary artery anomalies in North Indian population: a conventional coronary angiographic study. Natl J Clin Anat. 2017;
4. Mohanty A. A review on ‘single coronary artery.’ Imaging Med. 2015;7:1–2.
5. Lipton MJ, Barry WH, Obrez I, Silverman JF, Wexler L. Isolated single coronary artery: Diagnosis, angiographic classification, and clinical significance. Radiology. 1979;
6. Yamanaka O, Hobbs RE. Coronary artery anomalies in 126,595 patients undergoing coronary arteriography. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1990;
7. Evrengul H, Ozcan EE, Turhan H, Ozturk A. Single coronary artery originating from the right sinus of Valsalva and hypoplastic left anterior descending artery: An extremely rare combination of congenital coronary artery anomalies. Exp Clin Cardiol. 2012;
8. Shizukuda Y, Abo-Salem E, Helmy T. Complex single ostium coronary artery from the right coronary sinus with unique course of anomalous left circumflex coronary artery. J Cardiol Cases. 2016;
9. Taylor AJ, Rogan KM, Virmani R. Sudden cardiac death associated with isolated congenital coronary artery anomalies. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1992;
10. Kim JM, Lee OJ, Kang IS, Huh J, Song J, Kim G. A rare type of single coronary artery with right coronary artery originating from the left circumflex artery in a child. Korean J Pediatr. 2015;
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine (E-ISSN: 2349-7181 & P-ISSN: 2394-7047)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.